Update From Pro World
March 21, 2020
I realize we are all navigating through unprecedented and challenging times. As a 46 year old family owned business that prides itself on “taking care” of each and every customer, we have found the last couple of weeks exceedingly difficult as we try to keep our employees safe, our business operational, and maintain a positive outlook for brighter days ahead. I apologize for not communicating with you sooner but I wanted to give you an update on what we’ve been doing here at Pro World to protect our employees, continue to service you, the customer, and to give you an an outlook for the days ahead:
- Our entire customer service team has been working remotely from their homes for the past week. This was a seamless transition that has proved very effective.
- Our supply chain has remained mostly intact and we have been able to fulfill and ship your orders on schedule. We hope this continues and are monitoring any changes and will communicate those changes as necessary.
- Our dedicated employees who remain in our facilities to fulfill and ship your orders have been practicing social distancing, washing hands regularly, adjusting work hours and sanitizing work areas regularly.
Today, March 21, 2020, the governor of New Jersey, Philip Murphy, announced an executive order stating that all non-essential retail businesses must close and that other businesses “must accommodate their workforce, wherever practical, for telework or work-from-home arrangements.” The order went on to state that businesses that have employees who cannot telework or work-from-home are expected to reduce their staff to the minimal number necessary to ensure that essential operations can continue.
To abide by the latest order, we have reduced our warehouse staff and shifted their hours to limit their exposure and interactions with each other.
As a result of this new governmental order we have had to make a few changes:
- Effective immediately, we will discontinue all pick-up orders to reduce the interactions between our employees and our customers.
- Our warehouse will be closing earlier to accommodate the 8pm ET state curfew. Although, we don’t anticipate this affecting delivery times, some orders placed later in the day may not ship until the following business day.
- We will be immediately discontinuing our most recent promotion which began this past Friday, March 20, 2020. This is being done to reduce our warehouse staff immediately and to fulfill and ship the large influx of orders that have already been received. Hopefully, we will be able to offer a similar promotion once the COVID-19 problem comes to an end.
I wanted to personally let you know that we greatly appreciate all our loyal and longstanding customers and hope you and your families remain safe and healthy.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to serving you in more normal times.
Thank you, be safe, and please keep your distance.
Pro World, Inc.