Update From Pro World
May 4, 2020
I realize we are all navigating through unprecedented and challenging times. As a 46 year old family owned business that prides itself on “taking care” of each and every customer, we have found the last several weeks exceedingly difficult as we try to keep our employees safe, our business operational, and maintain a positive outlook for brighter days ahead. I want to give you an update on what we’ve been doing here at Pro World to protect our employees and continue to service you, the customer:
- Our entire customer service team continues to work remotely from their homes.
- Our supply chain has remained mostly intact and we have been able to fulfill and ship your orders. However, delays in shipping up to 3 days may occur.
- Our dedicated employees who remain in our facilities to fulfill and ship your orders have been practicing social distancing, wearing masks, washing hands regularly, adjusting work hours and sanitizing work areas regularly.
On March 21, 2020, the governor of New Jersey, Philip Murphy, announced an executive order stating that all non-essential retail businesses must close and that other businesses “must accommodate their workforce, wherever practical, for telework or work-from-home arrangements.” The order went on to state that businesses that have employees who cannot telework or work-from-home are expected to reduce their staff to the minimal number necessary to ensure that essential operations can continue. As of May 4, 2020 this order is still in effect.
To abide by the latest order, we have reduced our warehouse staff and shifted their hours to limit their exposure and interactions with each other.
As a result of this new governmental order we have had to make a few changes:
- Effective immediately, we will discontinue all pick-up orders to reduce the interactions between our employees and our customers.
- Our warehouse will be closing earlier to accommodate the 8pm ET state curfew.
I wanted to personally let you know that we greatly appreciate all our loyal and longstanding customers and hope you and your families remain safe and healthy. I will continue to provide you updates here as they become available.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to serving you in more normal times.
Thank you, be safe, and please keep your distance.
Pro World, Inc.