- Home >
- Silhouette Application Instructions
Silhouette Application Instructions
Silhouette Vinyl for Garment
- Lay out your design in the Silhouette Studio software.
- Mirror the image so it appears backwards.
- Without using a cutting mat,feed the heat transfer material into the Silhouette electronic cutting tool with the clear plastic sheet glossy side down.
- Once the design is cut, trim your project to size and remove the negative-space materials. When you are done, only your original design should remain on the clear plastic sheet.
- With the clear plastic sheet facing up, position the design onto the surface of your fabric project. The design should no longer appear reversed.
- Place a cloth over the design and apply firm pressure with a heat iron for 45-60 seconds. For larger designs, repeat this process until the entire design is pressed. Important: Do not set the iron on more than 300°F (typical cotton setting).
- Gently peel away the clear plastic sheet. If the heat transfer material continues to stick to the clear plastic sheet, replace the cloth and iron again.
Silhouette Vinyl for Decoration
- Clean and dry the surface of your project.
- Insert vinyl into cutting machine with the backing side down.
- Using the 'Silhouette vinyl" setting in the Silhouette Studio software.
- Cut vinyl design with your electronic cutting tool.
- Leave protective backing in place and peel away excess vinyl that is not part of the design.
- Remove transfer paper liner.
- Place transfer paper on vinyl design.
- Smooth by pressing in place.
- Arrange design on sired surface.
- Press down firmly with a flat-edged tool over entire design to affix and remove air bubbles.
- Peel away transfer paper.
Silhouette Vinyl Stencil
- Cut a design in the stencil viny using the regular vinyl settings in the Silhouette software.
- Carefully remove the inside of the design creating a stencil.
- Apply the clear transfer tape to the design and rub it with a Silhouette scraper tool.
- Peel the transfer tape with your design attached off the vinyl liner.
- Apply the stencil and transfer tape to your project.
- Rub the design onto your project with the Silhouette scraper tool.
- Carefully remove the clear transfer tape leaving the vinyl stencil on your project.
Silhouette Rhinestone Tape
- Select a rhinestone template. Do not resize it. Using a cutting mat, cut the template material using the "Rhinestone Template Material" media type in Silhouette Studio.
- Peel the backing off the template material (leaving the circle cutouts behind). It works best to peel the material off in on quick motion.
- Affix the template material to a Silhouette rhinestone backing board.
- Gently brush rhinestones into template holes using the brush provided
- Once all the rhinestones are positioned face-up in the template, cover design with a piece of transfer tape.
- Lift the rhinestones (now attached to transfer tape) off the template and position design on desired surface.
- Place a cloth over the design and place heated iron on top for 45-60 seconds. Iron should be set to the "wool" setting.
- Remove iron, cloth, and transfer tape. If rhinestones continue to stick to the transfer tape, replace cloth and iron again at a hotter setting
- Turn the garment inside out and repeat step 7. This will pull the glue into the fabric.
Silhouette Transfer Tape
- After your vinyl has been cut and unloaded from the Silhouette machine, weed away excess vinyl until only your design remains on the backing sheet.
- Cut a piece of the transfer tape slightly larger than your design and remove the transfer tape liner.
- Postion transfer tape on top of your vinyl design and press firmly.
- The vinyl should now be adhered to the transfer tape as you remove the vinyl from the backing.
- Position your design onto the desired surface.
- Press down firmly with a flat-edged tool (such as a silhouette scraper) over the entire design to remove any air bubbles.
- Peel away transfer tape.
- Product Help
- Heat Applied Graphics
- Heat Presses
- Transfer Papers
- Transfer Vinyls
- Vinyl Cutters
- Custom Shirt Options
- Ordering Help
- Affirm Financing
- Purchases & Returns
- Shipping Information
- Your Account
- Instructions & Demos
- Webinars & Marketing
- PW Community
- T-Shirt Forums
- Pro World Blog
- Marketing Ideas
- Product & Marketing Webinars
- Marketing Ideas
- Getting Into Business
- Sublimation 101
- Contact Us